Assistant Librarian-Instruction and Outreach Librarian
Commensurate with credentials and experience
Description of Duties
SUNY Canton’s Southworth Library Learning Commons seeks a full-time (12-month) Instruction & Outreach Librarian to provide a range of academic librarian services to students and the campus community. The Instruction & Outreach Librarian will focus on initiatives that increase student access and engagement as well as collaborate and network with the campus community. This person will have an outward-facing role in promoting the Library Learning Commons and will work to maintain a welcoming and inclusive learning environment.
- Providing library orientation and training to new students, faculty, and staff
- Developing and delivering classes on use of the library and its resources
- Supporting student retention through targeted outreach to the campus and our diverse student body.
- Leading student engagement efforts for the Library Learning Commons
- Collaborating with campus departments to ensure compliance with campus-wide and system-wide accessibility standards
- Acting as liaison to specific academic departments, including collection development and support for the integration of Open Educational Resources into courses
- Providing reference and patron service both virtually and at specified service points
- Engaging with the campus community by participating in campus governance and committees
- Master’s degree in Library or Information Science from an ALA-accredited program (those completing a degree by June 2021 are encouraged to apply)
- Demonstrated proficiency in customer service through engaging and interacting with patrons.
- Experience with instructional technologies and support for in-person, blended, and remote/online learning
- Demonstrated ability to develop, promote, and assess outreach projects and activities
- Awareness of accessibility guidelines and how they relate to libraries and library resources
- Evidence of professional initiative and flexibility
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal background check.
Closing Date for Receipt of Applications
Review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
SUNY Canton, a unit of the State University of New York, is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. SUNY Canton is building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and strongly encourages applications from minority and women candidates.