PROFESSIONAL & ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS
Instructional Support Associate - Vet Tech - SL-2
Commensurate with credentials and experience
Description of Duties
The State University of New York (SUNY) College at Canton invites qualified applicants for a full-time, ten-month, instructional support associate position in the Veterinary Science Department, to begin August 2021. The college’s veterinary technology programs include an accredited AAS in veterinary science technology, a Bachelor of Science in veterinary technology, and a Bachelor of Business Administration 2+2 in veterinary service administration. The ideal candidate will possess good communication and organizational skills and function well as a member of a team.
- preparing for and assisting in the daily operations of the veterinary technology laboratories and surgeries;
- requisitioning of supplies and inventory control;
- work with animal procurement sites (shelters and laboratory animals) to maintain animals for program needs;
- supervise students in clinical preceptorships and in animal care rotations (kennel duty);
- record keeping;
- coordinating needed supplies, equipment and materials; record keeping;
- performing skills remediation;
- assist program director with the budget, various reports, controlled substance logs, and the facilitation of new student orientation;
- organize sponsored continuing education programs and act as an advisor to the Veterinary Technician Association and the Tau Phi Zeta Honor Society
Licensed Veterinary Technician with a current New York State registration.
5 years of clinical experience as a veterinary technician, with both small and large animals. A bachelor’s degree.
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal background check.
Closing Date for Receipt of Applications
Review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
SUNY Canton, a unit of the State University of New York, is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. SUNY Canton is building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and strongly encourages applications from minority and women candidates.