RESEARCH FOUNDATION POSITION
Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
$35,000 to $43,000 based on skills, abilities, and knowledge
Description of Duties
SUNY Canton Small Business Development Center is seeking Administrative Assistant will provide clerical support for the Regional Director and SUNY Canton SBDC staff under the supervision of the Regional Center Director.
- Answer telephones –in coordination other office staff to ensure coverage during regular business hours on weekdays, 8:30-4:30.
- Mail – sort and distribute mail to staff.
- UPS - assist staff with sending & tracking packages
- Produce letters on letterhead upon request
- Draft letters upon request
- Forward emails to the network, advisory board, and others
Send faxes and scan documents and send them via email
- Photocopying and Faxing – assist office staff upon request.
- Filing – manage office files; send files to archive and retrieve files from archives when needed.
- Assist with center’s Social Media, newsletter and email blasts.
- Financial- assist with processing payments, financial reporting
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Regional Director
Required: Associate’s Degree, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree, experience in marketing and social media experience.
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal background check.
Closing Date for Receipt of Applications
Open until filled; application review begins immediately
SUNY Canton, a unit of the State University of New York, is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. SUNY Canton is building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and strongly encourages applications from minority and women candidates.