Area Agencies Participate in SUNY Canton Health Fair, Oct. 23
SUNY Canton aims to make it easier to learn about the many health-related resources available in the North Country.
The college will be hosting about 30 organizations to participate in its fall Health Fair, scheduled for 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday, Oct. 23, in the Richard W. Miller Campus Center’s Woodcock Conference suites. The event is free and open to the public and is offered through the college’s Davis Health Center.
Health screenings at the fair include body mass index, blood pressure and diabetes risk assessment. Clara Fargo, a licensed massage therapist, will offer mini massage sessions. Guests can register at 10 a.m. with appointments available from 12:30 to 2 p.m.
Other participants include:
- ACR Health
- Alzheimer's Association of Central New York
- Canton Potsdam Hospital
- Child Advocacy Center of Northern New York
- Claxton-Hepburn Medical Center
- Community Health Center of the North Country
- Healthy Way
- Hospice and Palliative Care
- Kinney’s Drugs
- North Country Prenatal/Perinatal Council
- North Country Prevention Council
- Reachout of St. Lawrence County
- Renewal House
- Seaway Parkinson’s Coalition
- Joe’s Addiction Treatment Recovery Centers
- Lawrence County Traffic Safety Program
- State Hearing & Audiology
- Lawrence County Community Services
- Lawrence County Public Health Programming
- United Helpers
- Watertown Vet Center
The SUNY Canton Health and Fitness Promotion program, the college’s EMS program, the College Association, Inc., and the Student Nursing Association will also be joining the event. Representatives from the college’s Green Dot violence prevention program will also be on-hand to promote its bystander intervention strategies.
As Northern New York's premier college for career-driven bachelor's degrees, associate degrees and professional certificate programs, SUNY Canton delivers quality hands-on programs in engineering technology, management, and healthcare fields. It is home to the Center for Criminal Justice, Intelligence and Cybersecurity. Faculty members are noted for their professional real-world experience in addition to outstanding academic credentials. As SUNY's leader in online education, SUNY Canton OnLine offers hundreds of flexible and convenient courses as well as 23 online degree programs. The SUNY Canton Kangaroos 15 traditional athletic teams compete at the NCAA Division III level as part of the North Atlantic Conference. SUNY Canton also features varsity esports and cheerleading.