Mailroom General Information
Location: Cooper Service Complex Building
Hours of Operation
8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Monday - Friday
Summer Hours and Academic Breaks
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
Closed Saturday, Sunday and Holidays
- All official out-going mail must contain the account number of the department to be charged in the upper left-hand corner over the return address or it cannot be mailed.
- When a large bulk mailing is planned, please give the Mailroom advance notice to assure funds are available in the U.S. Postal Permit Fund. All bulk mailings will be sent at the least cost possible. Provide a title of the mailing for Mailroom reporting.
- The Mailroom operates on a tight schedule picking up mail between the various departments and locations on campus daily. This is necessary to meet pickups by the U.S. Post Office.
- Material pickups and deliveries (UPS, Fed Ex, etc) outside the scheduled mail run is not permissible. Departments can deliver the material to the Mailroom on weekdays between the hours of 8:00 A.M. - 4:00 P.M. The mailroom is closed on weekends and observed holidays.
- Stamps are not available in the Mailroom, but may be purchased in the Campus Store.
- Special Delivery, U.P.S. and other courier services require that Mailroom staff sign when they accept delivery. When these items are delivered to addressee, or picked up in the Mailroom, a signature will also be required before the item will be released.
- Allocation for postage is granted through the budget process. When funds are exhausted prior to end of fiscal year, it is necessary to contact the area VP to discuss additional options.
Mail Run Schedule
|Run Time (start)||Building||Pickup / Delivery Location|
|8:40 AM||Pick up mail at Post Office|
|9:15 AM||Cooper Service||Main Office|
|9:30 AM||Miller Campus Center||Student Mail (CMR)|
|One Hop Shop (OHS)|
|Davis Health Center (HC)|
|Student Activities (CC)|
|10:00 AM||Halford Hall||CREST|
|Newell Vet Tech||Newell 100|
|Nevaldine Hall||Nevaldine North 105|
|11:00 AM||Dana Hall||University Police (UP)|
|Dana Hall||Dana 220 Criminal Justice (CJ)|
|Wicks Hall 027||Admissions (WH)|
|1:00 PM||CARC||Admin Office 209|
|Cook Hall||Cook 125 (CH)|
|French Hall||Upper / SBDC|
|1:30 PM||Mohawk Hall||Residence Life (MH)|
|1:00 PM||Chaney Dining Center||Chaney (CD) / College Association (CA)|
|2:00 PM||US Post Office picks up mail|
Cooper Service Complex
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617