What is NetID?
NetID is the username/password credentials used to login to a growing list of campus services:
- Campus computers [faculty, staff and students]
- Microsoft Office 365 [faculty, staff and student email]
- SUNY web-based services [employee portal, DegreeWorks, etc.]
- Library resources from off-campus
- SUNY Canton secured wireless network
- Barracuda spam quarantine
- Never give out passwords. Emails requesting/demanding a reply with your username and password, are phishing emails sent with the intent to steal user login credentials.
- Is set with an initial default password at the time an account is created.
- It is strongly recommended passwords are changed often and are complex in nature. See Microsoft’s Tips for Creating a Strong Password.
NetID Password Management
To change your NetID password, you can...
- Login to a campus computer and press CTRL-ALT-DEL and select Change a password.
- From a web browser, login to the Office 365 portal (https://portal.office.com)
- Click on your profile picture in the upper right and select My Account in the menu that opens.
- Click on Change Password in the Password tile.
Free Software Downloads
As an online student, you’ll likely need software to help you complete assignments. You can get free or reduced priced software from our app web store. Get apps from Microsoft, Adobe, and Minitab. Get Software from the Software Applications Download page.