The Library offers many resources for students learning in-person, virtually, or a mix of both.
We understand that the varied types of learning today may be different and new for some of our students. Southworth Library has many resources to support our students, which include:
- Print books and eBooks
- Access to hundreds of current semester textbooks
- Research databases and articles
- Help from a librarian around the clock
Resources & Services for Online Students
All SUNY Canton students – online, on-campus, or both – can access the Library’s services using your SUNY Canton NetID and password. From the Library website, you can:
Get Books and eBooks
- Did you know SLLC has access to over 150,000 eBooks? You can learn more about using ROOsearch to locate eBooks on the Library’s “How to” Video Tutorials page.
- Use ROOsearch or any of the databases to find either full-text articles or a description of an article in journal, magazine or newspaper.
- Check out our Research Guides for your specific curricular area, or browse the A to Z list of Databases or the Databases by Subject guides.
- If we don’t have access to an article, you can make an Interlibrary Loan (ILL) request and have the article delivered electronically to your inbox!
- Make an InterLibrary Loan (ILL) request using the ILL link on the Library’s website or within the database you are using. We will take care of the rest. Please note: we can only provide physical ILL items for pickup on campus and cannot mail them to students off campus.
- Contact a librarian from anywhere in the U.S. for help with a research question, or use the chat utility on the library homepage to chat live with a librarian.
- Call the SUNY Canton Library at (315) 386-7228.