Career Ready Education and Success Training
CREST offers training in Workforce Development, helping to start a new career, advance your current career or to obtain Continuing Education Units for maintaining professional certifications.
We can customize a training program for your business or team! Contact Art Garno, Director for details.
CREST is also the Center for Renewable Energy and Sustainable Technologies, which offers Energy and Building Science training.
Safety and Fire Considerations for Solar PV Workshop
This workshop will provide first responders and emergency personnel, such as firefighters and rescue personnel, with a training on safety precautions and fire code considerations with respect to the recognition and disabling of solar photovoltaic (PV) systems.
February 11, 2015, 6:30 - 9:00 pm - Register Here | View Flyer
Solar PV Permitting and Inspection Methods Training
This accredited course will provide in-depth training on the equipment commonly found in solar photovoltaic (PV) systems, and on utilizing local electrical and building codes in the permitting and inspection processes.
February 12, 2015, 9:00 am – 4:00 pm - Register Here | View Flyer
Dental Continuing Education
* Earn Dental CEUs via Video Conference at SUNY Canton’s CREST Center
- Apr 15, 6-9 pm, Dental Duct Tape? The Many Uses of Glass lonomer Restorative Materials - John Maggio, DDS. CE HRS: 3
- Apr 29, 6-9 pm, Practice Transitions for New Dentists and Practice Owners from Debt Management, Practice Purchase and Financing to Retirement - Chester Gary, DDS, JD. CE HRS: 3
- May 6, 6-9 pm, Common Bone and Soft Tissue Lesions of the Head and Neck - Jill Kramer, DDS. CE HRS: 3
- May 20, 6-9 pm, Diabetes and Oral Implications for Older Adults - Diane Peterson, RDH, M.Ed. CE HRS: 3
- June 3, 6-9 pm, Infection Control for the Dental Team/OSHA Update - Frank Barnashuk, DDS. CE HRS: 3
Most courses start at only $89.00
Education To Go Courses: These courses start each month, and all courses consist of two classes per week for six weeks. You can complete each class when it is convenient for you. Course subjects include:
- The Internet
- Web Page Design
- Web Graphics and Multimedia
- Web and Computer Programming
- Basic Computer Literacy
- Computer Applications
- PC Troubleshooting, Networking & Security
- Digital Photography & Digital Video
- Writing and Publishing
- Entertaining Industry Careers
- Grant Writing & Nonprofit Management
- Start Your Own Business
- Sales and Marketing
- Business Administration
- Test Prep (GED; SAT/ACT; Grammar ESL)
- Personal Development
- Health Care, Nutrition & Fitness
- Child Care & Parenting
- Art, History, Psychology, & Literature
- Math, Philosophy & Science
- Law & Legal Careers
- Courses for Teaching Professionals
- and many, many, more
Photovoltaic & Solar Thermal Training
Contractors and others wishing to offer Renewable Energy Alternatives, to homeowners and small businesses, will be able to get their training right here in the North Country.
Solar Thermal training - Watch here for new training dates
Solar PV training - Watch here for new training dates
Contact Art Garno, Director for more information.
NYSBA (New York State Builders Association)
More NYSBA training coming in the near future, watch here for details.
IREC accreditation is only for the solar thermal and solar PV programs.
Customized Training ProgramsIf your company or business has a need for customized technical training in the areas of energy, home contracting, construction, manufacturing, etc. please contact the CREST Program Director to discuss specifications and costs.
Building Performance Institute
Become BPI Certified /Accredited and …
See Building Science training schedule below
Institute for Building Technology and Safety Watch this site for future trainings at CREST. Visit the IBTS website by clicking here: www.ibts.org
Schedule your BPI exam(s) with SUNY Canton a BPI Affiliate.
To be certified the candidates must take and pass a written test and a field test for each individual area of specialty.
Contact the CREST Center for current pricing.
For more information contact: