Home > Academic Services
The goal of SUNY Canton is for every student to have a successful academic experience. Yet, some students fail to achieve a minimum grade point average or meet the required number of credits needed to continue in their academic studies and are placed on Academic Recovery. Academic Recovery is a serious warning that a student’s academic performance needs improvement.
SUNY Canton’s Academic Recovery program is set up to give students a second chance to improve their academic standing. The program provides a structured learning experience to help students raise their cumulative GPA towards good academic standing. Students on Academic Recovery are required to attend a mandatory meeting at the start of the semester as well as workshops throughout the semester to improve their study skills and academic habits. The Academic Recovery contract spells out specific details and requirements.
- Academic Recovery Requirements
- Advising Checklist
- Advising Checklist for Online Students
- Important Dates
- Smart Steps Schedule
- Tutoring Center
- Required tutoring hours begin Monday, January 30, 2017. Please be sure to log in AND out. (Remember – Monday is the beginning of the week.) Log in computers can be found in the various tutoring labs located in the Southworth Library Learning Commons. Log in computers are available for use only when the labs are open. The Quiet Zone, located in the Southworth Library Learning Commons (on the 2nd floor at the top of the stairs), is also available for intensive quiet studying. Academic Recovery students in the GMMD program will be able to complete their tutoring hours in the GMMD lab.
- Tips to Succeed on Academic Recovery
Mandatory Academic Recovery Meetings
Students must attend one meeting.
- Tuesday, January 24, 2017 at noon – Miller Campus Center - Kingston Theater
- Wednesday, January 25, 2017 at 4 pm – Miller Campus Center - Kingston Theater
- Friday, January 27, 2017 at 10 am - Miller Campus Center - Kingston Theater
Dr. Molly A. Mott, Associate Provost/Dean of Academic Support Services :: MacArthur Hall 604, phone 315-386-7425
Secretary - Janet Livingston - firstname.lastname@example.org :: MacArthur Hall 604, phone 315-386-7425
Academic Advising Center :: The Ready Center, Miller Campus Center 224, phone 315-379-3954
Sharon Tavernier - email@example.com :: Miller Campus Center 224, phone 315-379-3954
Marianne DiMarco-Temkin - firstname.lastname@example.org :: Miller Campus Center 224, phone 315-379-3954
Director of Tutoring - Johanna Lee - email@example.com :: Southworth Library Learning Commons, Room 125, phone 315-386-7910
Academic Support Services
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617
Dr. Molly A. Mott
Associate Provost/ Dean of Academic Support Services and Instructional Technologies