Home > Placement Testing
Notification is made via campus e-mail address to students required to take the ACCUPLACER Placement test. The Placement Test will determine optimum course assignment, and must be completed prior to student Orientation to assure a correct schedule when meeting with an advisor during Orientation.
If you are a transfer student and have earned a C or better in a Freshman composition course, your transcripts must be on file in the Admissions Office (315-386-7123) to be exempt from testing.
Find sample questions/answers: ACCUPLACER Sample Questions
Opportunities to take the ACCUPLACER Placement Test are listed below:
Please use the form below or call 315-379-3954 to schedule an appointment. All group-testing will take place at 9:00 am on Wednesdays in Wicks Hall room 008.
For Fall 2017:
- June 7, 2017
- June 21, 2017
- July 12, 2017
- July 19, 2017
- August 2, 2017
- January 16, 2017 (Testing will be done at 1:00 p.m)
1. Find a suitable proctor and test site
- Proctors may be teachers, counselors, school administrators
- Computer with Internet access required
2. Have proctor email email@example.com with following information:
- Student's name and Proctor’s name
- Proctor’s title and contact information (fax, phone, and email address)
- Preferred date and time for testing
- Physical address where the test will be administered
The test is generated from an online website, is untimed, and must be completed in one sitting. Most students finish the exam within 1 - 1 1/2 hours.
3. Communicate with proctor.
The proctor will have received instructions to administer the test.
The Ability-to-Benefit (ATB) testing requirement is for students who are seeking financial aid awards under the state's Tuition Assistance Program (TAP) for the first time and do not have a high school diploma or its equivalent (GED) from a United State high school.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 315-379-3954 to set up an appointment.
*Students who require accommodations for placement testing should contact the Office of Accommodative Services after a test date has been made.
Miller Campus Center 224
Canton, NY 13617
Mon - Fri. 8:00am - 4:30pm