Home > Higher Education Act
Higher Education Act :: Right-to-Know
These disclosures are provided in accordance with Federal Law 34 CFR §668.43 and New York State Law 8 NYCRR Part 53 (Information for Students and Prospective Students).
General Campus Information
- Cost of Attending SUNY Canton
- Privacy Statement
- Academic Programs
- Student Diversity
- Accommodative Services: Facilities for Services for Students with Disabilities
- Accessibility Standards
- Computer and Network Use Policy
- Copyright Policies
- Articulation Agreements
- Transfer of Credit Policies
- Career and Job Placement Services
- Student Activities
- Campus policy on refund of charges due to withdrawal
- Requirements for officially withdrawing from campus
- Requirements for the return of Federal Student Aid funds after withdrawal
- Degree programs offered by the campus
- Facilities associated with academic programs
- List of faculty and other instructional personnel
- Students may be eligible for FSA even if they pursue a study abroad program approved for credit by the home school.
- Educational Loan deferments may be available while serving in the Peace Corps, under the Domestic Volunteer Service Act, or as a volunteer for a tax-exempt organization of demonstrated effectiveness in the field of community service.
- Textbook Information
Financial Aid Information
- College Scholarships
- Federal Financial Aid is available, both need-based and non-need-based.
- New York State Financial Aid is available.
- How to apply for financial assistance programs.
- The campus distributes aid among students on a first-come first-served basis for limited fund programs.
- Financial Aid payments are disbursed on Thursdays with any refunds due issued the following Wednesday beginning the 4th week of classes.
- Repayment terms and schedules of various loan types are available.
- Requirements for Entrance and Exit Counseling.
- Requirements for the Federal Work Study program.
- Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) guidelines for financial aid eligibility.
- The Net Price Calculator is available through SUNY.edu
- Local & Institutional Assistance Programs
- Federal Student Financial Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
- Institutional Code of Conduct for Education Loans
- SUNY Canton does not use a Preferred Lender List. We do provide basic information on Private Student Loans.
- SUNY Canton does not have any Preferred Lender Arrangements
Intercollegiate Athletic Program Participation Rates
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) Disclosures
- FERPA information is maintained by the Registrar's Office
Health and Safety
- Clery Disclosure Act (Crime and Fire Statistics)
- Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Programs
- Vaccination Policies
The Office of Accommodative Services serves as a National Voter Registration agency. This office is proud to assist any student in filling out or submitting an application to vote.