The Office of Diversity Affairs operates in partnership with the College to promote, support, and integrates diversity initiatives to enhance our students education.
- Cultivate a campus climate that values an atmosphere that is welcoming and comfortable for all students to succeed, regardless of race, gender, ethnic background, age, sexual orientation, religion, citizenship, or disability.
- Promote awareness of cultural values to campus community.
- Ensure that students will have equal access to resources and services.
- Evaluate the manner in which we supply services, programs, and instruction to students.
Through this office, you can:
- Increase awareness and sensitivity to others who are different from yourself.
- Identify the information and misinformation we have learned about other cultures.
- Identify and express pride in the culture(s) to which you belong.
- Learn how cultures/groups other than your own experience mistreatment.
- Learn the personal impact of specific incidents of discrimination.
- Learn how to interrupt prejudicial jokes, remarks, and slurs.
- Learn to VALUE Diversity.
The services and programs available through our office and through networked referrals include:
- Programs/ Events/ Speakers
- Sensitivity Training
- Student Leadership Development
- Mediation between Individuals/ Groups
- Classroom Presentations
- Provide Resources Regarding Cultural Diverse Issues
- International Student Advisement
- Personal Counseling
Learning about other people can be fun, enjoyable, exciting and interesting. We can learn about each other and what makes us different and have those same things bring us closer together! The Office of Diversity encourages the campus community to investigate and acknowledge the various cultures that exist in this environment, recognize these differences and then celebrate and appreciate those very things different and yet bring value to our community.