Home > Research
Office of Sponsored Research
The Office of Sponsored Research is dedicated to supporting the College faculty and staff in their efforts to seek and secure external funding for research, special projects, education and training.
The Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) is responsible for the development, coordination and financial management of all contracts and grants at the College. All externally sponsored projects for research, scholarly/creative services utilizing SUNY Canton facilities and/or personnel must be processed and administered through ORS.
A project is externally sponsored if a grant or contract is awarded to the College in support of a specific activity. External sponsors consist of federal and state agencies, private foundations, professional organizations, and business. Sponsored projects include, but are not limited to research, scholarly and creative activities, curriculum development and workshops or meetings.
Services Available to Faculty and Staff
- Identification and notification of funding sources
- Grant Writing Workshops
- Secures needed application forms, guidelines and other pertinent materials
- Coordinates the preparation, submission and negotiation of applications
- Proposal review and editorial assistance
- Assistance with complying with sponsor guidelines
- Ideas for sources for cost-sharing and matching funds
Office of Sponsored Research Forms
Academic and professional employees with ten or twelve month obligations are paid on a twenty-six (26) bi-weekly pay period basis. Paydays are alternate Wednesdays. Research Foundation employees are also paid on a bi-weekly basis with a payday of alternate Fridays.
Employees may have their paychecks deposited directly into their bank or credit union if it participates in the NYS Direct Deposit Program. Applications for direct deposit are also available in the Human Resources Office.
- Research Foundation Bi-weekly Attendance Report
- Research Foundation Exception Report For Exempt Personnel
- Research Foundation Hourly Attendance Report
Procurement and Travel Forms
Research Foundation Purchase Request
Research Foundation Travel Request
» How to Propose a Grant (PPT)
Carl D. Perkins Grant
- Federal Sources
- Foundation Sources
- Grant Sources by Discipline
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Internal Grant Opportunities
- Internet Databases
- Other Helpful Resources