Home > Research
Office of Research and Sponsored Programs
The Office of Research and Sponsored Programs is dedicated to supporting the College faculty and staff in their efforts to seek and secure external funding for research, special projects, education and training.
The Office of Sponsored Research (OSR) is responsible for the development, coordination and financial management of all contracts and grants at the College. All externally sponsored projects for research, scholarly/creative services utilizing SUNY Canton facilities and/or personnel must be processed and administered through ORS.
A project is externally sponsored if a grant or contract is awarded to the College in support of a specific activity. External sponsors consist of federal and state agencies, private foundations, professional organizations, and business. Sponsored projects include, but are not limited to research, scholarly and creative activities, curriculum development and workshops or meetings.
Please complete this form so that the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs is aware of this opportunity. This will allow us to offer you assistance in preparing your proposal.
Services Available to Faculty and Staff
- Identification and notification of funding sources
- Grant Writing Workshops
- Secures needed application forms, guidelines and other pertinent materials
- Obtaining the necessary approvals to submit funding proposals
- Making contact with a program officer to discuss your proposal
- Coordinates the preparation, submission and negotiation of applications
- Proposal review and editorial assistance
- Developing the budget and completing required forms
- Assistance with complying with sponsor guidelines
- Ideas for sources for cost-sharing and matching funds
- Duplicating the required copies
- Transmitting the copies to the sponsor
After receiving a grant, we assist project directors and staff in all aspects of grant and project management.
Following notification of a funding award, we assist you in the Post-Award Process:
- Implementation of the project
- Contract and agreement paperwork
- Budget modification
- Personnel issues
- Development and transmission of periodic progress, semi-annual and final project reports as required by the sponsor
- Travel expenses
- Annual reconciliation
Office of Research and Sponsored Programs Forms
Academic and professional employees with ten or twelve month obligations are paid on a twenty-six (26) bi-weekly pay period basis. Paydays are alternate Wednesdays. Research Foundation employees are also paid on a bi-weekly basis with a payday of alternate Fridays.
Employees may have their paychecks deposited directly into their bank or credit union if it participates in the NYS Direct Deposit Program. Applications for direct deposit are also available in the Human Resources Office.
- Research Foundation Bi-weekly Attendance Report
- Research Foundation Exception Report For Exempt Personnel
- Research Foundation Hourly Attendance Report
Procurement and Travel Forms
Research Foundation Purchase Request
Research Foundation Travel Request
» How to Propose a Grant (PPT)
Carl D. Perkins Grant
- Federal Sources
- Foundation Sources
- Grant Sources by Discipline
- Institutional Review Board (IRB)
- Internal Grant Opportunities
- Internet Databases
- Other Helpful Resources