Home > Wellness
Wellness at SUNY Canton
“Wellness is an active process through which people become aware of, and make choices toward, a more successful existence” –National Wellness Institute
Health Educator/Wellness Coordinator
The Health Educator/Wellness Coordinator provides health and wellness programming to the campus community both in groups and individually. Working with the Counseling and Davis Health Centers, programming topics include: nutrition, fitness, stress, alcohol & substance use, sexual health and all aspects of leading a healthy lifestyle.
Healthy Hops Programming
Look for the “Healthy Hops” logo to identify programs which are a part of the Wellness Initiative. The following list of programs is just a sampling.
SUNY Canton has hopped on board with ‘Healthy Mondays,’ a national non-profit campaign to encourage healthy habits every Monday. Look for Healthy Hops programming each Monday!
Monday is the start of each week, when we set our intentions for the next six days. Studies suggest we’re more likely to maintain behaviors begun on Monday, the January of every week. It’s the perfect day to make a change for your health and the health of the planet.
Meatless Mondays are offered every Monday to help the SUNY Canton community make healthier choices. Diets heavy in meat have been linked to increased cancer risk; while diets high in fruits, vegetables and whole grains may reduce cardiovascular disease & diabetes. Further, the fuel, land & water needs of livestock are vast & unsustainable over the long-term.
- Roo 5K Registration Form
- Healthy Hops Guide to: Eating Well on Campus
- Tobacco-Restricted Campus
- Eat Fit - Offers individualized and free appointments with a Registered Dietician (Current students only).
- Campus Walking Map
- Canton Walking Trails
- Ask a Nurse: Have a question for the nurse at the Davis Health Center that is a nonemergency? Use this email link to get your questions answered.
- Map Walk: Walking for fitness made easier. Map out your walking plan and much more
- SuperTracker: Track your food, exercise, set personal goals and learn the basics of nutrition.
- My Plate!: My plate has replaced the food pyramid. Before you eat, check out my plate to learn how to create a healthy meal anywhere.
Farren C. Lobdell, NCC
Health Educator/Wellness Coordinator CC 222
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617