Tuition & Fee Charges for 2014-2015
Students are billed per semester. Listed below are the costs for one semester, there are two semesters in one academic year. All Charges are Subject to Change Without Notice.
|TUITION TYPE||Degree Type|
|2 Yr (semester)||2 Yr (year)||4 Yr (semester)||4 Yr (year)|
|NY Resident Full Time||$ 3,085.00||$ 6,170.00||$ 3,085.00||$ 6,170.00|
|Non-Resident Full Time||$ 5,170.00||$10,340.00||$ 7,910.00||$15,820.00|
|NY Resident Part Time (per credit)||$ 259.00||$ 259.00|
|Non-Resident Part Time (per credit)||$ 431.00||$ 659.00|
The Medical Insurance Fee is mandatory for all full-time students not covered by comparable insurance. Students are billed by semester. Waiver of this charge cannot be given after the end of the add-drop period (first 5 class days) in any semester. Spring semester fee is effective to mid-August.
|COSTS||Fall Semester||Spring Semester|
|US Students||$ 720.00||$ 720.00|
|International Students||$ 610.00||$ 855.00|
The Parking Fee is mandatory for all students parking a vehicle on campus. The amount is based on the number of credits you take per semester.
|12+ Credit Hours||$ 188.60|
|1-11 Credit Hours||$ 80.60|
The Comprehensive Fee is made up of the following charges:
|Name of Fee||Full-Time Charge||Charge per Credit Hour|
|1. Alumni Fee||$ 15.00||$ 0.00|
|2. Recreational Facilities Fee||$ 37.00||$ 3.10|
|3. Activity Fee||$ 100.00||$ 8.35|
|4. Athletic Fee||$ 205.00||$ 17.10|
|5. College Fee||$ 12.50||$ 0.85|
|6. Educational Technology Fee||$ 150.00||$ 12.50|
|7. Health Fee||$ 146.00||$ 12.20|
|8. Transcript Fee *||$ 5.00||same as full-time|
|9. Placement Fee **||$ 20.00||$ 0.00|
|10. Orientation Fee **||$ 60.00||same as full-time|
* Charged to all students regardless of the number of credit hours.
- The Alumni fee supports the College Alumni Association. Alumni services include; scholarships, gatherings, alumni weekend, and the alumni newsletter. You may request a waiver of this fee by submitting a written request to the SUNY Canton Alumni Association, FH 100, before the end of the 4th week of classes. The Alumni Office thanks you for your support.
- The Recreational Facilities fee provides membership for the utilization and staffing of the SUNY Canton Fitness Center and Campus Center Gymnasium. You may submit a written request for a waiver to the VP for Administrative Services, FOB 614, no later than the end of the 4th week of classes.
- The Activity Fee is a mandatory fee imposed by the students for the students. This fee was passed with an 87% approval of the students. It is used to support student government activities. All student clubs, organizations, newspaper, radio station, intramural activities and campus events ar funded from this fee. Payment of the fee enables an individual to join any of the organizations or attend any of the events sponsored by the student government.
- The Athletic Fee is a mandatory fee that supports a comprehensive intercollegiate athletic program.
- The College Fee is a mandatory fee imposed by the State University of New York.
- The Educational Technology Fee is used to support student access to computer networks, library information systems, multimedia classrooms, engineering, health and business technologies as well as future infrastructural modifications and other instructional technologies.
- The Health Fee is a mandatory fee which provides student health care and health education on campus. This is not Medical Insurance. Having medical insurance does not exempt you from this fee.
- The Transcript Fee is a mandatory fee which provides students with free official transcripts, upon written request, for life.
- The Placement Fee is a one-time mandatory fee charged to all first-time full-time students only. This gives students access to the career services educational and vocational library with resources for both students who want to transfer and those who are seeking employment. Graduates may use the resources and services of the office at no charge.
- The Orientation Fee is a one-time mandatory fee charged to all first-time, full-time students for social, cultural, and educational activities related to entering college.
The college has a mandatory housing policy. All students must complete an application for housing or waiver with the Office of Residence Life each academic year.
Room and Meal Charges Per Semester
A meal plan for commuters is also available for $559 per semester.
Students are expected to also have the following out-of-pocket expenses:
- $600 for Books & Supplies
- $800 for Transportation ($300 for on-campus students)
- $500 for Incidental Expenses
- Late Payment Fee, $50 assessed to continuing students failing to pay the bill by May 9, 2014.
- Returned Check Fee, $20 assessed for each check used for payment which has been returned from a bank as unpaid. (not to exceed the face value of the dishonored check or $20).
- Add/Drop Fee, $20 per course.
- Identification Card Replacement Fee, $10 per card.
- Graduation Fee, $10 charged only in the semester in which the student plans to graduate.
Roo Express Account
This is a discretionary spending account which can be used at the textbook center, campus store, and all dining facilities. A maximum of $1,000 per semester can be set up. This account is accessed with the student ID card. You may also establish this discretionary spending account, separate from your financial aid package, online at Manage My ID (current students) or by contacting the College Association at (315) 386-7624 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attention EOP Students
Most EOP students will be eligible for financial help in purchasing textbooks. Please stop in to see your EOP Counselor (before purchasing textbooks) if you have any questions, starting one week prior to classes. The EOP Office is located in Campus Center 215.