Home > Residence Life
On behalf of SUNY Canton and the Residence Life staff, welcome to our website. I hope that you are able to find everything you are looking for to make your housing experience a complete one, but if at any time you are looking for further information or have questions, please do not hesitate to contact our office at (315) 386-7513 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to Expect for Housing, Fall 2020:
- HOUSING ASSIGNMENTS: Residential housing assignments will be available on UCanWeb in early August. Please continue to check your SUNY Canton email where we will share the announcement when housing assignments are available to be viewed.
- CHECK IN PROCESS: Staff will be located in the front of each of the residence halls (at Kennedy Hall, check-in is near the RA Office) to check you in, where you will be given your room combination.
- COVID-19 REQUIRED TESTING: Upon check-in to the residence halls, all students will be required to be tested for COVID-19. We will share more information about the specific testing method we will use in the coming weeks. Until your test results are returned (one business day, estimated), we ask that you self-quarantine in your residence hall room and only leave for necessities such as food or for work. Once your test results are returned, if your result was positive (meaning you have COVID-19), a staff member from the Davis Health Center will contact you to address next steps.
- GUESTS AND MOVERS: We are allowing each student to bring ONE guest with them to assist them in moving into the residence halls. This guest can be anyone of your choosing, but only one other person will be permitted to enter the residence hall with you. The college won’t be providing helpers on move-in day. We will have hand trucks available to assist you in getting your belongings into the hall.
- MASKS/FACE COVERINGS: To help prevent the spread of germs, masks/face coverings are required campus-wide. All individuals on campus, including students and their guests are required to have a mask or face covering on at all times when not in their residence hall room. This includes outside the residence hall, in restrooms and in all public areas or lounges.
- PARKING AND DROP-OFF: When you’re moving in, you are able to drive down in front of your residence hall and park in front of the hall for a maximum of 10 minutes to unload belongings at the curb. You are then expected to park in the assigned lot for your residence hall.
- BELONGINGS: We STRONGLY encourage you to bring minimal belongings to campus and specifically only those belongings you need with you from August-November. It is possible that we will require students to bring all belongings home in November or with short notice in the event of a premature closing. Shipping and storage will not be available.
- MEALS/DINING: All dining for meal plan holders will be take-out through Chaney Dining Center until at least September 7. More details will be forthcoming.
- VISITORS: Visitors are not permitted in the residence halls for the Fall 2020 semester. Any guests should prepare arrangements with local hotels or should not plan to visit campus.
- SUNY CANTON PLEDGE: All students will be required to affirm and sign a SUNY Canton pledge which outlines the rules for social distancing. This will be provided to you electronically before the start of the semester.
SUNY Canton Residence Life
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617