Home > Accreditation
Middle States Commission on Higher Education
SUNY Canton is accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE) and was reaccredited in June 2013. The College’s most recent decennial reaccreditation process began in 2011 with the creation of a Middle States Steering Committee to guide the campus’s Self-Study and subsequent reporting to MSCHE. With the guidance of the Steering Committee and the efforts of multiple campus work groups, the research phase of the Self-Study was completed in January 2012. The Self-Study that resulted from the process reflected the work and input from a large number of campus stakeholders. A copy is available below. After collecting input from the larger campus community in Fall 2012, the Steering Committee continued to refine the Self-Study and further organize the supporting documentation in preparation for the MSCHE evaluation team visit in Spring 2013. The evaluation team visited the campus in March 2013 and issued their final report in April 2013 recommending reaccreditation along with a series of findings, recommendations, and commendations. A copy of this report is available below.
Since that time the College has submitted a Progress Report in 2015 and a Monitoring Report in 2016. Copies of these reports are also available below as well as a link to Middle States website showing the College's current accreditation status.
The Middle States Commission on Higher Education is a voluntary, non-governmental organization that defines, maintains, and promotes educational excellence, examining the institution as a whole through the lens of the fourteen Characteristics of Excellence.
For more information about SUNY Canton’s Middle States re-accreditation process, please contact:
Accreditation Liaison Officer
MacArthur Hall 502
- SUNY Canton's Current Accreditation Status with Middle States
- 2016 MSCHE Monitoring Report (4/1/16-PDF Version)
- 2015 MSCHE Progress Report (4/1/15 - PDF Version)
- Most Recent MSCHE Evaluation Team Report (7/23/13 - PDF Version)
- Most Recent MSCHE Evaluation Team Report 7/23/13 - (Word Version)
- Final 2012-2013 SUNY Canton Self-Study (2/8/2013 - PDF Version)
- Final 2012-2013 SUNY Canton Self-Study (2/8/2013 - Word Version)
In addition to Middle States accreditation, SUNY Canton also maintains program-specific accreditations. These programs are evaluated by external experts in the profession accredited. SUNY Canton maintains the following program-specific accreditations.
- American Board of Funeral Service Education (ABFSE) | Program: Funeral Services Administration
- American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation | Program: Dental Hygiene
- American Physical Therapy Association Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education | Program: Physical Therapist Assistant
- American Veterinary Medical Association Council on Education | Program: Veterinary Science Technology
- Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN) | Programs: Nursing, AAS, Nursing, BS
- Accreditation Board for Engineering and Technology | Programs: Civil Engineering Technology, AAS, Civil and Environmental Engineering Technology, B. Tech, Electrical Engineering Technology, AAS, Electrical Engineering Technology, B. Tech, Mechanical Engineering Technology, AAS, Mechanical Engineering Technology, B. Tech
- International Accreditation Council for Business Education (IACBE) | Programs: Business: Accounting, Business Administration, Finance, Health Care Management, Management
- Interstate Renewable Energy Council Accreditation (IREC) | Program: Sustainable Energy Technology
- National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF) | Program: Automotive Technology