Readmission Requests


Students Who Can Apply for Readmission

  • Any student who has previously attended SUNY Canton, has been away for one or more semesters, has NOT been enrolled in a degree program at another college since attending SUNY Canton, and was not suspended from SUNY Canton can apply for readmission to the college.

By completing this form, you are telling us that you have NOT attended another college after your attendance at SUNY Canton. If it is determined that you have attended another college after your SUNY Canton attendance, your admission to SUNY Canton may be rescinded.

Please note that there is a non-refundable, non-negotiable $50 application fee to apply for Readmission to SUNY Canton. At the end of the online application, you will be directed to the Credit Card Payment system. Your application will not be processed until we receive your payment.


Students Who Should Not Apply for Readmission

  1. Continuing Students - Continuing students are students who expect to graduate from their current major and plan to pursue another degree program immediately following graduation, with no lapse in attendance.

Current students who wish to change their major to the following selective programs can apply via the Change of Major option in UCanWeb:

  1. A.A.S. in Nursing
  2. A.A.S. in Veterinary Science Technology
  3. B.S. in Veterinary Technology
  4. A.A.S. in Physical Therapy Assistant
  5. Certificate in Practical Nursing

**Students who wish to change their major to programs other than those listed above should contact their respective Dean’s Office and physically complete a Change of Major Form.

  1. Transfer Students - Students who have attended another college since attending SUNY Canton are considered transfer students and must complete a new Admissions Application, along with supplying updated transcripts.
  2. Suspended Students - If it is determined that you are a student who has been suspended, your Readmission Request will not be processed and you should not submit an application. If you are suspended, you must take a minimum of 6 credits and accrue at least a 2.5 GPA in those courses taken. To gain re-entry back to SUNY Canton, you will need to become a non-degree student and will not be eligible to receive financial aid. You must pay out-of-pocket for the 6 credits.


Students with Outstanding Issues with the Office of the Attorney General

Please contact the Attorney General at 1-518-474-1717 for more information. You cannot be admitted until tuition balances are paid. It is your responsibility to contact the Admissions Office by emailing once this matter has been resolved so your readmit application may be processed.

If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admissions at 1-800-388-7123 or email



  1. Please click this link to access the UCanWeb student portal system
  2. Click Login for Alumni, Readmit or Inactive Students and Former Employees to login to your account
  3. Once you have logged in, from the Main Menu, select Miscellaneous Student Requirements
  4. Click on Apply for Readmission to the College at the bottom

SUNY Canton does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, age, national origin, sex, gender, or disability. Learn more about our policy.

Office of Admissions
French Hall
SUNY Canton
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617

(315) 386-7123 or
Fax: (315) 386-7929