Change of Major Request for Selective Programs

This form is ONLY intended for current SUNY Canton students who wish to change their major to a selective program. (This also includes students who expect to graduate from their current major and plan to pursue another degree program immediately following graduation with no lapse in attendance.) Selective programs include:

Bachelor's Degrees
Veterinary Technology, B.S.

Associate Degrees
Nursing, A.A.S.
Physical Therapist Assistant, A.A.S.
Veterinary Science Technology, A.A.S.

Certificate Programs
Practical Nursing

Please keep in mind that admission to our selective programs is not guaranteed, even for current SUNY Canton students. It is highly recommended that students make secondary curriculum plans with their academic advisor.

Students who have previously attended SUNY Canton, have been away for one or more semesters, and have not been enrolled in a degree program at another college since attending SUNY Canton, must submit a Readmission Request form instead.

  • To apply for Change of Major to Selective Programs, login to UCanWeb Secure Area
  • From the Main Menu click on Miscellaneous Student Requirements Menu
  • Click on option Change of Major Request for Selective Program Consideration


Office of Admissions
Wicks Hall 021
SUNY Canton
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617

(315) 386-7123 or
Fax: (315) 386-7929