Home > Safety Committee
The SUNY Canton Safety Committee was established to address a wide range of campus concerns which contribute to maintaining an overall safe environment conducive to living and working together. The committee's charge includes:
- Addressing a wide range of campus safety concerns including responding to inquiries from concerned persons and referring complaints to the appropriate authorities
- Ensuring that education is provided to the campus community about personal safety and crime prevention
- Recognizing, evaluating and recommending a course of action to solve or control safety/health problems
The SUNY Canton Safety Committee is dedicated to help create and promote a safe campus community for a diverse population. The Safety Committee will support and facilitate educational opportunities, training, personal safety awareness, health initiatives, environmental repairs and design means to enhance safety. The committee will act as an advisory group on campus security and oversee aspects of campus safety programs.
The Safety Committee is comprised of Presidential appointed representatives from campus departments. Student representatives are selected by the Student Government Association. Each representative is tasked with:
- Providing input to resolve campus safety issues
- Bringing safety issues to the safety committee for resolution
- Contributing to help meet the annual goals set by the safety committee
Meetings are held monthly during the academic year. Special meetings are called whenever necessary.
If you wish to report a safety or health concern you can complete a Safety and Health Inquiry Report which is available from University Police and Human Resources.
For more specific information regarding the Campus Safety Committee, please contact Patty Todd, Campus Safety Committee Chair, at: firstname.lastname@example.org