Home > Title IX
Report Sex Discrimination, Sexual Harassment & Sexual Violence
All complaints should be directed to:
If You Are Sexually or Otherwise Assaulted on Campus
- Get to a safe place as soon as you can.
- If an emergency, contact SUNY Canton University Police immediately at 315-386-7777 or use a Blue Light emergency phone.
- Try to preserve all physical evidence. Do NOT shower/bathe/wash, douche, change clothing, comb hair, drink or eat, or do anything that would alter a physical exam. Wait until after one has been completed at a hospital. Also, do not launder clothing and/or bedding or throw away anything that can be used as evidence.
- See SUNY Canton Title IX Services
- See Quick Reference Guide for Sexual Assault Survivors
- See Sexual Assault Awareness Brochure
- See SUNY Discrimination Complaint Procedure
Remember, assaults – sexual or otherwise – are crimes; they are not the victim’s fault. Victims have the right to pursue adjudication of crimes that occur on the SUNY Canton campus through criminal courts and/or through the University’s internal disciplinary process (under the Campus Code of Student Conduct). SUNY Canton’s University Police are trained to assist with prosecution in both systems.
The College will make every effort to be responsive and sensitive to the victims of these serious crimes. Protection of the victim and prevention of continued trauma is the College’s priority. When the victim and the accused live in the same residence hall, an immediate hearing with the College Judicial Officer will be held to determine the need for modifying the living arrangements. Assistance for any other personal or academic concerns will be reviewed and options provided.
Do you believe you have been a victim of sexual misconduct? Whether or not you reported the incident to the College, we’d like your opinion on how we can improve the effectiveness of our campus policies and procedures that address sexual misconduct. Please share your suggestions and/or feedback by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org, or feel free to contact Title IX Coordinator or one of the Deputy Title IX Coordinators listed above.