What is "NetID"?
NetID formalizes what has been known generically as an individual’s “computer username” or “network account”. It is the username/password credentials used to login to a growing list of services:
- Campus computers [faculty, staff and students]
- Microsoft Office 365 [faculty, staff and student email]
- SUNY web-based services [employee portal, DegreeWorks, etc.]
- Library resources from off-campus
- SUNY Canton secured wireless network
- Barracuda spam quarantine
*NOTE* whereas the NetID and ANGEL login credentials are initially the same, they are not currently linked. Changing the password for one will not change it for the other.
- Never give out passwords. Emails requesting/demanding a reply with your username and password, are phishing emails sent with the intent to steal user login credentials.
- Is set with an initial default password at the time an account is created. http://www.canton.edu/IT/get_help.html#FAQ
- It is strongly recommended passwords are changed often and are complex in nature. See the following Microsoft website for advice on creating strong passwords: http://www.microsoft.com/security/online-privacy/passwords-create.aspx
- The NetID password can be changed from a campus computer at the Ctrl-Alt-Del screen. If you need to have your password reset, please contact the Help Desk at 315-386-7448. We anticipate deploying self-service options for changing and resetting passwords in the near future, stay tuned.
- You can change your Angel password by logging into Angel (https://canton.sln.suny.edu), clicking on Preferences > Change Password.
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617
Help Desk Hours:
Monday-Thursday: 8 am – 5 pm
Friday: 8 am – 4:30 pm
New York Time (GMT -5)