The SUNY Canton College Foundation recently announced the recipients of the 7th annual Campus Enhancement Awards.
“These projects are made possible through unrestricted donations, which are an important resource the College utilizes to fund creative and innovative projects that benefit our community,” said Vice President for Advancement and Executive Director of the SUNY Canton College Foundation David M. Gerlach. “We are extremely grateful to all of the donors who have supported the Foundation.”
Some unrestricted donations come directly from SUNY Canton faculty and staff members. Last year, more than 230 employees donated approximately $60,000 to the Foundation via payroll deductions.
Among this year’s Campus Enhancement Awards are:
- The Living Writers lecture series during the spring semester.
- Instructional software for nursing students.
- A professional practice field trip for students in the graphic and multimedia design program.
- Healthy lifestyle training programs.
- A student field trip to the United Nations building in New York City.
- Funds for students to attend the 2013 Regional Steel Bridge Competition.
- New equipment and other upgrades to the student resource library.
- Problem-solving software for engineering students.
In addition to the annual Campus Enhancement Awards, the College Foundation also funds student scholarships, professional development opportunities for faculty and staff, and unique learning and research fellowships.