Veterinary Technology - Student Learning Outcomes
Upon completion of the B.S. degree program in Veterinary Science Technology students will be able to:
- Utilize knowledge gained from core veterinary technology courses to successfully complete the veterinary technology national exam and gain licensure as a veterinary technician.
- Effectively and professionally communicate with veterinary personnel and clients in a clinical setting.
- Synthesize knowledge gained from core and liberal arts courses to guide decision -making in the veterinary field.
- Apply critical thinking to analyze and integrate data from many sources and engage in creative problem solving in complex situations.
- Assume a leadership role within the workplace.
- Employ more advanced nursing , sampling techniques and treatment modalities used in veterinary practice that are beyond the essential tasks set by veterinary technology accreditation.
- Be qualified to enroll in a postgraduate degree program.
Mary O'Horo Loomis
Newell Vet Tech Center 101A
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617