Electrical Engineering Technology - B. Tech
Electrical technologists help design, develop, test, and manufacture electrical and electronic equipment. They may work in product evaluation and testing, using measuring and diagnostic devices to adjust, test, and repair equipment. Electrical and electronic engineering technology is also applied to a wide variety of systems such as communications and process controls.
Students gain experience in the following areas:
- Electrical Power
- Industrial Controls
- Capstone Project
Great Career Opportunities:
- Electronics Technologist
- Biomedical Engineering Technologist
- Sale Engineering Technologist
- Service Engineering Technologist
- Systems Test Engineering Technologist
- Product Engineering Technologist
- Software Engineering Technologist
- Documentation Engineering Technologist
- Quality Control Engineering Technologist
- Applications Engineering Technologist
- R&D Technologist
- Engineering Assistant
Employment rate for B. Tech graduates for 2012 and 2013 is 100%, and the average starting salary is $52,000 per year.
- The demand for Electrical Engineering Technology graduates is immense. There are simply not enough qualified technicians and technologists entering the market place, and a large number of working technicians and technologists are approaching retirement age.
Accredited by the Engineering Technology Accreditation Commission of ABET
415 N. Charles St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Electrical Engineering Technology
Stephen Frempong, Ph.D.
*Graduate rates are unavailable as the program is too new.