Mechanical Technology - Student Learning Outcomes
Program Educational Outcomes (P.E.O.’s)
- Graduates of this program have knowledge on the applied aspects of science and engineering technology that demonstrate skills in analysis, design, development, implementation, and oversight of mechanical systems.
- Graduates will exhibit skills necessary to be successful in industry, e.g. manufacturing processes, experimental techniques and procedures, machinery, thermal/fluid/energy systems, instrumental and control systems, and heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC) systems.
- Graduates will be successful technologists, field technologists, technical managers, and process and sales engineers.
- Graduates of the MT program will be prepared academically to enter and succeed in related postgraduate degree programs at reputable institutions.
- An appropriate mastery of the knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of their disciplines
- An ability to apply current knowledge and adapt to emerging applications of mathematics, science, engineering, and technology
- An ability to conduct, analyze and interpret experiments, and apply experimental results to improve processes
- An ability to apply creativity in the design of systems, components, or processes
- An ability to function effectively on teams
- An ability to identify, analyze and solve technical problems
- An ability to communicate effectively
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in lifelong learning
- An ability to understand professional, ethical and social responsibilities
- A respect for diversity and a knowledge of contemporary professional, societal, and global issues
- A commitment to quality, timeliness, and continuous improvement
- Demonstrate the capability to develop engineering drawings for machine, mechanical, and HVAC design projects
- Be proficient in the use of electromechanical systems and provide feedback loops to improve the system
- Plan and prepare documents (e.g., reports and presentations) appropriate for machine, mechanical, and HVAC designs
- Perform economic analyses and cost estimates related to design, construction, operations, and maintenance of systems associated with mechanical engineering, utilizing appropriate principles, hardware, and software