Travelers should use the most efficient and cost effective method of transportation available. Often times this means using a common carrier such as a train, bus, taxicab or airplane. When choosing a method of transportation several factors should be considered like; the distance traveled, the travel time, number of travelers, number of locations to be visited, and type of transportation available.
When a common carrier is available but a more expensive method is chosen without sufficient justification, reimbursement may be limited to the common carrier rate. Attach all original receipts to voucher to show means of transportation and amount paid. When possible, travel should be scheduled using NYS travel services contracts.
If a trip is cancelled at the direction of the agency, the traveler will not be responsible for any costs incurred. If cancelled for the traveler’s convenience, he/she may be responsible for any costs.
- See State Car Policies for additional information.
- The rental agreement should be submitted with the Travel Voucher. When renting a vehicle for State business, the traveler should rent in the name of New York State and sign the agreement as agent for the State. Contact information for Enterprise is as follows:
Vehicle Rental Website
- Any gasoline purchases, as well as any other direct costs associated with the vehicle will be reimbursed.
- Reasons for using a rental car may be public transportation not available or a rental car is cheaper than alternative transportation.
- See Personal Car Policies for additional information.
- Our University uses the services of Child Travel New York. Contact information is as follows:
Child Travel New York PS66730
d/b/a Child Travel, A direct Travel Company
30 Corporate Drive
Clifton Park, NY 12065
After Hours Emergency Assistance: 800-774-0655, Option B
Office of Travel Services
French Hall 113
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617
Fax: (315) 386-7925