Early Childhood Student Teaching Experiences
The Early Childhood Program at SUNY Canton has formal affiliation agreements with numerous early childhood settings in St. Lawrence County. These include accredited / licensed child care centers, public school UPK and kindergarten classrooms, private nursery schools, and Head Start programs. Students have opportunities to work with infants, toddlers, preschoolers, and kindergarteners as part of their 2 student teaching off campus experiences.
Students take part in Student Teaching Experiences in the second year of their college studies, completing 200 hours of direct work with children under the direct supervision of a classroom mentor and their College supervisor.
Sites that have hosted students are listed below.
- Banford Elementary, Canton
- St. Mary's School, Canton
- St. Lawrence County Heard Start Programs
- Building Blocks Day Care Center
- Massena Nursery School
- SUNY Potsdam Child Care Center, Inc.
- Lawrence Ave. Elementary, Potsdam
- Small Fry Academy, Ogdensburg
- Madrid-Waddington Elementary School, Madrid
- Edwards-Knox Elementary, Russell
- Kennedy, Lincoln & Madill Schools, Ogdensburg
- Family Child Care Centers, St. Lawrence County
For more information on the Early Childhood Degree Program, please contact Dr. Maureen Maiocco, Early Childhood Program Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 315.386.7604; or Ms. Christina Martin, Early Childhood Instructor at email@example.com or 315-379-3868.