100% Online - This SUNY Canton degree can be earned entirely online.
Finance - B.B.A
- A strong interest in financial success
- An understanding of modern finance building blocks
- Mathematics skills to solve common finance problems
Key Finance Topics
- Loan and mortgage amortization
- Efficient diversification
- Stock bond valuation
- Hedging risk with options and futures
Students who enroll in the program will find themselves sitting in a virtual classroom with students from Moscow State University and other locations around the world. Currently, twelve students from Moscow, Russia, are enrolled in this program as a dual degree.
"Students have the chance to apply what is learned in the classroom to real-life situations. This program exposes them to the intricacies and nuances of financial success."
Students can Expect:
- A comprehensive education in business, accounting, and other management related areas
- A one-semester internship within a financial services career
- Hands-on projects and real case studies in domestic and global investments and risk management
- An investment club that promotes understanding of financial market investments
- A background in business to broaden perspectives of financial services
- Independent study options
Convenient Courses in the Classroom or Online
Besides taking courses in the classroom, students have the option to take classes online at their convenience from anywhere on the globe. The Finance program offers both traditional face-to-face and online courses throughout the Spring and Fall semesters, in addition to online Winter and Summer sessions.
Tying It All Together
Students design projects using real-life financial market data in courses such as Advanced Financial Management, Global Investment and Risk Management.
- CitiGroup: www.citi.com
- HSBC: www.hsbc.com
- Key Bank: www.key.com
- SeaComm Federal Credit Union: www.seacomm.org
- North Country Saving's Bank: www.northcountrysavings.com
- FMA: www.fma.org
- FRM: www.garp.com
- Wall Street Journal: www.wsj.com
- Federal Reserve Bank: www.federalreserve.gov
Finance, Associate Professor
• Associate Professor, Finance
• University of Perking graduate with a B.B.A. degree
• University of Rutgers graduate with a Ph.D. degree
B.S., M.B.A., Ph.D.
Finance, Assistant Professor
• B.S., Magadh University, India
• M.B.A., University of Mumbai, India - Finance
• Ph. D., University of Texas at San Antonio - Finance
• Over six years of managerial experience with the Securities & Exchange Board of India