Home > Financial Aid > Spring Billing
Billing Instructions - Spring Semester
Due Date: January 4
Your bill must be submitted by end of day Friday, January 4.
We will be adding a LATE FEE and Will be DROPPING Courses & Room Assignments at that time.
- Log in to your UCanWeb account.
- Go to the 'Student' menu, then choose the 'Billing' Menu.
Part 1: Complete, Submit and Pay your bill:
- Select the 'Complete Enrollment Confirmation/Billing forms; View Adjusted Bill' option. See below for details.
- Complete the 'Enrollment & Billing Confirmation' web page.
- Complete the 'Financial Aid Disbursement Authorization' web page.
- Remember to do the health insurance waiver if you have your own coverage.
- After completing both pages, return to the menu and select 'View Adjusted Bill'.
- Review your charges, add a Roo Express account if desired, and submit bill for processing.*
- Print a copy for your records.
- Note the status of your bill. It will say PENDING until it has been reviewed and PROCESSED once the review has been completed by a staff member.
- Set up payment of any balance due by using the link for online payments or by mailing a check payable to "SUNY CANTON" to the Student Service Center.
Part 2: Confirm your bill has been processed:
- Check the processing status of your bill, it will say Pending until it has been reviewed. Once review is complete, the status will be updated to Processed.
To check the status of your bill, return to the 'Student' menu, then 'Billing' menu, select 'Complete Billing Forms; View Adjusted Bill' and then 'View Adjusted Bill'.
- WATCH YOUR EMAIL! We will notify you of issues that are delaying the processing of your bill.
- You will receive an email receipt once your bill has been processed. Your receipt is the confirmation that you are officially registered for the semester. Parking tags can be picked up at University Police the weekend before classes begin.
If you will not be returning to SUNY Canton, please notify the Registrar as soon as possible in writing by fax (315) 379-3819 or email email@example.com .
* Submitting online materials without payment or payment arrangement does NOT guarantee you will retain your pre-scheduled courses or room assignment.
Listed above is the overall process to complete your billing requirements online. If you are unfamiliar with this process or have questions, you will find the following information helpful in making your choices when completing the required online forms.
Note: You can continue making changes on these online forms until you choose to submit the information. Once submitted, any changes or additions can only be made by contacting the One Hop Shop.
Required Billing Forms:
The Enrollment Confirmation/Billing form:
- Parking Fee: Enter your license plate number or decline on-campus parking.
- Graduation Fee: Indicate if you plan to graduate at the end of the semester.
The Federal Financial Aid Disbursement Authorization form:
- Choose the appropriate options which allows federal aid to pay health insurance, parking and Roo Express charges; pay a previous balance and/or hold aid for a future semester.All students with federal financial aid, including loans, must complete this form.
The View Adjusted Bill form (with option to add Roo Express):
- View all of your charges for the semester. The initial status of your bill will be PENDING, it will be updated to PROCESSED once a staff member in the One Hop Shop has completed the processing of your bill (after you have submitted it).
- A Roo Express account is a discretionary spending account to use at the textbook center, campus store, and all dining facilities. You can request an amount up to $1,200 per semester (separate from any amount attached to your meal plan). If you have a credit balance and adding Roo Express causes a balance due, you must pay that balance or we will lower the amount of the Roo Express. To adjust your Roo Express credit after your bill has been processed, contact the One Hop Shop by email. All requests to add or subtract Roo must be in writing.
- PAPER CHECK: Make check payable to 'SUNY Canton'. Be sure to include the student's Banner ID or Social Security Number on the check. Mail in to the Student Service Center.
- ONLINE: Pay by credit card or electronic withdrawal from a checking or savings account online at SUNY Canton Online Payment.
- PAYMENT PLAN: SUNY Canton has partnered with CASHNet; this plan allows you to pay the balance of your bill over a 4 or 5 month period for the semester, depending on when the plan is set-up. The enrollment fee is $35/semester. Students can enroll through UCanWeb. For questions about the payment plan, contact a representative at 877-821-0625.
- Living ON Campus:
If you plan to live on campus, verify the amount of the Room and Meals charge on your bill (rates listed below). The charge is based on your housing application, or if no application exists the standard rate will be listed. If a message appears on your bill indicating no housing application exists, contact the Residence Life Office at (315) 386-7513 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Living OFF Campus:
If you have already been released, you should not have a Room and Meals charge on your bill. If you would like to be released to live off campus, you must contact the Residence Life Office at (315) 386-7513 or email@example.com to obtain a release before your bill can be processed.