Home > Financial Aid > Billing Instructions
Billing Instructions - Winter 2015
Winter Classes Begin: December 16, 2015
Winter Bill Due: December 15, 2015
Your bill must be processed by the first day of classes or your classes will be dropped.
Submitting online forms without payment or payment arrangement does NOT
guarantee you will retain your pre-scheduled courses.
- Log in to your UCanWeb account.
- Go to the 'Student Registration and Records' menu, then choose the 'Billing' Menu.
Part 1: Complete, Submit, and Pay your bill:
- Select the 'Complete Enrollment Confirmation/Billing Forms; View Adjusted Bill' option. See below for details.
- Complete the 'Enrollment & Billing Confirmation' web page.
- Return to the Complete Enrollment Confirmation/Billing Forms menu and select 'View Adjusted Bill'. Review your charges, add a Roo Express account if desired, and submit your bill for processing. *
- Set up payment of any balance due by using the link for online payments or by mailing a check payable to 'SUNY Canton' to the Student Service Center.
Part 2: Confirm your bill has been processed:
- Check the processing status of your bill, it will say Pending until it has been reviewed. Once review is complete, the status will be updated to Processed.
To check the status of your bill, return to the 'Student Registration and Records' menu, then 'Billing' menu, select 'Complete Billing Forms; View Adjusted Bill' and then 'View Adjusted Bill'.
- WATCH YOUR Suny Canton EMAIL! We will notify you of issues that are delaying the processing of your bill.
- You will receive an email receipt once your bill has been processed. Your receipt is the confirmation that you are officially registered for the term.
If you will not be attending SUNY Canton, please notify the Registrar as soon as possible in writing by fax (315) 379-3819 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org . Be sure to include your full name and id number on any correspondence.
*If requesting Winter Aid Assistance , be sure to read all eligibility requirements and submit all application materials timely. Winter assistance is not guaranteed.
Note: Once submitted, any changes or additions can only be made through the Student Service Center.
Listed above is the overall process to complete your billing requirements online. If you are unfamiliar with this process or have questions, you will find the following information helpful in making your choices when completing the required online forms.
Required billing forms:
The Complete Enrollment Confirmation/Billing Forms:
- Graduation: Indicate if you plan to graduate at the end of the term.
- There are no medical insurance or parking fees for Winterterm.
The View Adjusted Bill form (with option to add Roo Express):
- View all of your charges for the term. The initial status of your bill will be PENDING, it will be updated to PROCESSED once the Student Service Center has completed the review processing of your bill (after you have submitted it).
- A Roo Express account is a discretionary spending account to use at the textbook center, campus store, and all dining facilities. You can request an amount up to $50 per credit hour for the Winterterm. If you have a credit balance and adding Roo Express causes a balance due, you must pay that balance or we will lower the amount of the Roo Express. To adjust your Roo Express credit after your bill has been processed, contact the Student Service Center.
- PAPER CHECK: Make check payable to SUNY Canton. Be sure to include the student's Banner ID or Social Security Number on the check. Mail in to the Student Service Center.
- ONLINE: Pay by credit card or electronic withdrawal from a checking or savings account online at SUNY Canton Online Payment.
- PHONE: Pay by credit or debit card by calling the Student Service Center at (315) 386-7616 or toll-free at 1-800-388-7123.
Explanation of Charges
* * * All Prices Subject to Change Without Notice * * *
Tuition rates are based on residency status and current program of study. Tuition for part-time students is still subject to change at a later date.
Associate degree & Certificate programs
$270 per credit hour
$453 per credit hour
Bachelor degree programs
$270 per credit hour
$693 per credit hour
The Comprehensive Fee is made up of the following charges:
|Name of Fee||Charge per Credit|
|1. College Fee||$ 0.85|
|2. Educational Technology Fee||$ 12.75|
|3. Transcript Fee||$ 5.00 **|
**Flat fee charged to all students.
- The College Fee is a mandatory fee imposed by the State University of New York.
- The Educational Technology Fee is used to support student access to computer networks, library information systems, multimedia classrooms, engineering, health and business technologies as well as future infrastructural modifications and other instructional technologies.
- The Transcript Fee is a mandatory fee which provides students with free official transcripts, upon written request, for life.
Financial Aid Deferments
For Winter Session Only - If you have an expected refund from the upcoming Spring Semester and you have completed all of your Spring Semester requirements (including your bill), then you may request that the balance due for Winter Session be paid by any excess Spring Semester financial aid funds. Although the actual funds have not yet been received, SUNY Canton assumes you will follow the appropriate financial aid procedures to have this aid credited to your account. Failure to complete the financial aid process will result in the cancellation of the anticipated financial aid.
Roo Express Account
This is a discretionary spending account which can be used at the textbook center, campus store, and all dining facilities. A maximum of $55 per credit hour for Winterterm can be set up. This account is accessed with the student ID card. You may also establish this discretionary spending account, separate from your financial aid package, online at Manage My ID (current students) or by contacting the College Association at (315) 386-7624 or email@example.com .
Untimely payment of outstanding student account balances may result in a hold being placed on a student's account and the subsequent withholding of enrollment, grades, transcripts, diplomas and class selection. Students are encouraged to contact the Student Service Center to discuss any special circumstances surrounding an outstanding account. Balances remaining at the end of the semester are subject to referral to the New York State Attorney General or a collection agency.