Get to Know the President
What makes SUNY Canton special?
- The mission of SUNY Canton makes it unique, but the students, faculty, staff and alumni make it special.
How will SUNY Canton look in the future?
- I hope, a lot like it does today: a very diverse population of students with a dedicated faculty and staff who really care about those students.
If you were a student living on campus, would you pick a themed residence hall? If so, which one?
- As a pet lover I would like to say the Pet Wing, but the reality is that I would be completely distracted by the different animals; so, I would most likely choose either Rushton Hall or Mohawk Hall because they are closest to Chaney Dining Center.
What's the best, most recent book you read?
- The Tombs by Clive Cussler.
What advice would you give incoming students?
- If you have a question about college (your major, course requirements, etc.), ask it; and keep asking until you are satisfied that you received the correct answer.
Would you send your children to SUNY Canton?
- My two sons have already completed college, but I would have sent my technology-oriented youngest son to SUNY Canton if I knew then what I know now about SUNY Canton.
It might surprise people to know...
- It might surprise you to know that I love TV, and I believe that Joss Whedon is a genius!
Favorite aspect of SUNY Canton?
- My favorite aspect of SUNY Canton is its small college feel.
What's your favorite campus eatery?
- My favorite place to eat at SUNY Canton is JT’s – I can smell the popcorn in my office on the 6th floor.
What magazine do your read regularly?
- The truthful and boring answer is The Chronicle of Higher Education. However, I cannot resist picking up those free real estate magazines at the front of the stores.
I enjoy when parents...
- I enjoy it when parents ask embarrassing questions in front of their students at a College Open House.
Where do you get your news from?
- Time-Warner’s YNN – I love my news 24/7
What is your favorite gadget?
- My DVR; this way nothing on TV is ever on at the wrong time.
I'm pleased when students...
- I'm pleased when students realize that some of the hard lessons they are learning in college really will serve them well when they graduate.
What’s the best part about Canton and the North Country?
- The people – they are the nicest, kindest and most welcoming I have ever met.
What’s your favorite movie?
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation. I believe that everything you need to know in life can be learned from that movie, especially about holiday decorations!
Office of the President
34 Cornell Drive
FOB 616 Canton, NY 13617