Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement Leadership - Student Learning Outcomes
Graduates with a Bachelor of Technology in Criminal Justice: Law Enforcement Leadership will be able to:
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of core law enforcement principles and how they impact agency operations.
- Exhibit a working knowledge of federal, state, and local law enforcement management systems and the relevance of technology in creating and sustaining responsive organizations.
- Explain how the various components of management interrelate with technological applications that are necessary for providing safe communities.
- Demonstrate personal and professional responsibility that will enhance safety.
- Demonstrate that they have developed the skills and knowledge to strategically lead the acquisition and infusion of new technologies, theories, processes, concepts, and systems that will contribute to the growth and development of law enforcement organizations.
- Apply leadership and management theories to current and emerging technologies to improve performance and effectiveness in law enforcement and security.
- Develop mission statements agency policies/procedures and rules/regulations manuals, and assess alternatives that are congruent with the overall organizational mission.
- Demonstrate the importance of high ethical standards and their application in law enforcement management decision-making.
- Utilize management skills to analyze law enforcement structures and organizational cultures to produce the best lawful and ethical practices.
- Understand theories regarding teamwork in organizations with specific emphasis on law enforcement.
CJ: Law Enforcement Leadership
Dr. Brian K. Harte