Home > Financial Aid > Billing Instructions

Billing Instructions - Summer 2018

Session I & II, classes begin May 30: Bill due May 30
Session III, classes begin July 12: Bill due July 12

Your bill must be submitted & paid by the due date or your classes will be dropped.*

Start Here

  • Log in to your UCanWeb account.
  • Go to the 'Student Registration and Records' menu, then choose the 'Billing' Menu.

Part 1: Complete, Submit and Pay your bill:

  1. Select the 'Complete Billing forms; View Adjusted Bill' option. See below for details.
    • Complete the 'Health Insurance Waiver/Parking' web page.
    • Complete the 'Financial Aid Disbursement Authorization' web page.
  2. Return to the Billing Forms menu and select 'View Adjusted Bill'. Review your charges, add a Roo Express account if desired and submit your bill for processing.*
  3. Set up payment of any balance due by using the link for online payments or by mailing a check in to the One Hop Shop.

Part 2: Confirm your bill has been processed:

  1. Check the processing status of your bill, it will say Pending until it has been reviewed. Once review is complete, the status will be updated to Processed.

    To check the status of your bill, return to the 'Student Registration and Records' menu, then 'Billing' menu, select 'Complete Billing Forms; View Adjusted Bill' and then 'View Adjusted Bill'.
  2. WATCH YOUR EMAIL! We will notify you of issues that are delaying the processing of your bill.
  3. You will receive an email receipt once your bill has been processed. Your receipt is the confirmation that you are officially registered for the semester. Parking tags can be picked up at University Police the weekend before classes begin.

If you will not be attending SUNY Canton, please notify the Registrar as soon as possible in writing by fax (315) 379-3819 or email at registrar@canton.edu.

* Submitting online materials without payment or payment arrangement does NOT guarantee you will retain your pre-scheduled courses.

Listed above is the overall process to complete your billing requirements online. If you are unfamiliar with this process or have questions, you will find the following information helpful in making your choices when completing the required online forms.

Note: You can continue making changes on these online forms until you choose to submit the information. Once submitted, any changes or additions can only be made through the Student Service Center.

Required billing forms:

The Complete Enrollment Confirmation/Billing Forms:

  • Graduation: Indicate if you plan to graduate at the end of the summer.
  • Parking Fee: Enter your license plate number or decline on-campus parking.

The Federal Financial Aid Disbursement Authorization form:

  • Choose the appropriate options which allows federal aid to pay parking and Roo Express charges and/or pay a previous balance. All students with federal financial aid, including loans, must complete this form.

The View Adjusted Bill form (with option to add Roo Express):

  • View all of your charges for the semester. The initial status of your bill will be PENDING, it will be updated to PROCESSED once the Student Service Center has completed the processing of your bill (after you have submitted it).
  • A Roo Express account is a discretionary spending account to use at the textbook center, campus store, and all dining facilities. You can request an amount up to $1,000 per semester (separate from any amount attached to your meal plan). If you have a credit balance and adding Roo Express causes a balance due, you must pay that balance or we will lower the amount of the Roo Express. To adjust your Roo Express credit after your bill has been processed, contact the One Hop Shop.

Payment Options:

  • PAPER CHECK: Make check payable to SUNY Canton. Be sure to include the student's Banner ID or Social Security Number on the check. Mail in to the One Hop Shop.
  • ONLINE: Pay by credit card or electronic withdrawal from a checking or savings account online at SUNY Canton Online Payment.
  • PHONE: Pay by credit or debit card by calling the One Hop Shop at (315) 386-7616 or toll-free at 1-800-388-7123.

Housing Options:

  • If you plan to live on campus, contact the Residence Life Office at (315) 386-7513 or reslife@canton.edu for details.

Explanation of Charges
* * *All Prices Subject to Change Without Notice * * *

Charge: Tuition

Tuition rates are based on residency status and current program of study. Tuition for part-time students is still subject to change at a later date.

NYS-Residents Out-of-State
Associate degree & Certificate programs $270 per credit hour $270 per credit hour
Bachelor degree programs $270 per credit hour $680 per credit hour
Non-degree students $270 per credit hour $270 per credit hour

Charge: Fees

The Parking Fee is mandatory for all students parking a vehicle on campus.

Summer Parking Charge $ 27.95

The Comprehensive Fee is made up of the following charges:

Name of Fee Charge per Credit
1. College Fee $0.85
2. Educational Technology Fee $13.15
3. Transcript Fee $5.00 **

**Flat fee charged to all students.

  1. The College Fee is a mandatory fee imposed by the State University of New York.
  2. The Educational Technology Fee is used to support student access to computer networks, library information systems, multimedia classrooms, engineering, health and business technologies as well as future infrastructural modifications and other instructional technologies.
  3. The Transcript Fee is a mandatory fee which provides students with free official transcripts, upon written request, for life.

Additional Notes

Financial Aid Deferments

Certified financial aid may appear on the bill to assist you in determining your balance due. Although the actual funds have not yet been received, SUNY Canton assumes you will follow the appropriate financial aid procedures to have this aid credited to your account. Failure to complete the financial aid process will result in the cancellation of the anticipated financial aid. If you have applied for financial aid that does not appear as a credit on your bill, contact the Student Service Center to check the status and/or inquire about a deferment prior to the bill due date.

Roo Express Account

This is a discretionary spending account which can be used at the textbook center, campus store, and all dining facilities. A maximum of $1,000 per semester can be set up. This account is accessed with the student ID card. You may also establish this discretionary spending account, separate from your financial aid package, online at www.GET.CBORD.com or by contacting the College Association at (315) 386-7624 or orologiob@canton.edu.

Attention EOP Students

Most EOP students will be eligible for financial help in purchasing textbooks.  Please stop in to see your EOP Counselor (before purchasing textbooks) if you have any questions, starting one week prior to classes. The EOP Office is located in Campus Center 234.

Hold Policy

Untimely payment of outstanding student account balances may result in a hold being placed on a student's account and the subsequent withholding of enrollment, grades, transcripts, diplomas and class selection. Students are encouraged to contact the Student Service Center to discuss any special circumstances surrounding an outstanding account. Balances remaining at the end of the semester are subject to referral to the New York State Attorney General or a collection agency.

Student Service Center
SUNY Canton
34 Cornell Drive
Canton, NY 13617

Financial Aid email:

Student Billing email:

Tel: (315) 386-7616
      (800) 388-7123
Fax: (315) 386-7930