Health Insurance Program
FOR STUDENTS WHO PURCHASED THE COLLEGE INSURANCE PLAN
- Student Insurance UnitedHealth Care (UHC) Home Page - Print insurance card, check on claims and complete an electronic claim form
- 2017-2018 UHC Student Plan Highlights Quick View
- 2018-2019 UHC Student Plan Highlights Quick View
2017- 2018 UHC Student Insurance Plan Brochure
- UHC Prescription Drug Tiers
- How to Create Your Online UHC Account
- How to Get an Electronic UHC ID Card for Mobile App
FOR INTERNATIONAL STUDENTS AND STUDENTS STUDYING ABROAD
- International Student Insurance Program Home Page - Print insurance card, check on claims and complete an electronic claim form
Unexpected expenses due to a medical illness or injury can create serious financial difficulties for students and their parents which may jeopardize their college education.
Therefore, SUNY Canton has a mandatory health insurance requirement. All full-time students must enroll in the insurance program available through the college unless they are covered under another health insurance plan. The cost of the health insurance plan is included automatically on full-time student's bill. If a student provides proof of other coverage, the student insurance fee is waived. Proof of other coverage must be submitted by the end of the first week of classes in order to have the health insurance charge removed from their bill. Part-time students may also purchase the student insurance, but it must be added to their college bill separately.
International students attending the State University of New York are required to purchase the International Student Insurance. The plan utilizes the Health Center as the primary care provider meaning that students are to use the Health Center first whenever possible to avoid large deductible charges.
All insurances are billed through the Student Service Center.
Students may purchase insurance coverage for spouses or dependents.
If you have questions about either insurance plan, benefits, claims or how to purchase coverage for a spouse or dependents contact the Health Center at 386-7333.