Covid-19 (Coronavirus) Updates
As of August 25, 2022, SUNY Canton will no longer be tracking COVID-19 cases. The college’s leadership remain in close contact with state and federal public health officials. SUNY Canton continues to follow the CDC's guidance on Isolation and Precautions for People with COVID-19.
If you test positive for COVID-19, whether you are a residential or commuter student, please contact the Davis Health Center at 315-386-7333 or firstname.lastname@example.org, to notify them of your positive test. The health center can provide you with medications and other supportive measures while you are in isolation.
Student COVID Vaccination Guidelines
- For any COVID-related or medical concerns or questions, please reach out to the Davis Health Center at email@example.com or 315-386-7333 and they would be glad to assist you!
- Effective for Summer Courses - COVID-19 vaccinations are no longer required, but will be strongly encouraged for students. This is consistent with other viruses including influenza and mpox. Faculty and staff will also be encouraged to stay up to date on vaccinations.
- While vaccines are not required to attend SUNY Canton, some internship/clinical/preceptorship placements may have their own COVID-related guidelines. Please check with your academic program director for specific requirements.
COVID Booster Vaccine:
- While booster vaccines are not required, we strongly encourage students to remain up-to-date on all COVID booster doses as they offer protection against severe COVID infection!
- Please note that if you are not up-to-date with your booster shot and you are deemed a close contact of a positive case, you will need to quarantine per our local public health and CDC guidance.