Home > Human Resources > Job Opportunities > Faculty > Applied Psychology
Applied Psychology-tenure track Assistant Professor
Commensurate with experience and qualifications
Description of Duties
The SUNY Canton Applied Psychology Program seeks applicants for a tenure track Assistant Professor Faculty position in Psychology (open area), with preference given to candidates with expertise in personality, counseling, or equity and inclusion in the delivery of social/human services. Other ranks considered. This position will serve an undergraduate curriculum focused on applications of psychology (i.e., social/human services delivery), beginning in August 2023. A 4/4 teaching load, which may use traditional face-to-face, online, hybrid, and converged modalities.
Teaching assignments may include courses in Introductory Psychology, Abnormal Psychology, Personality and Individual Differences, and additional courses related to introducing students to counseling skills and the delivery of social/human services. Advising and mentoring students. Collaborative participation in course, curriculum, program development, and assessment. Participation in campus, university, and community service activities. Engagement in professional development and relevant scholarly activity.
- Minimally, ABD with expected graduation date, or if at Master’s level must have 3-5 years’ work experience in the counseling/clinical/social work field in addition to teaching experience (as below).
- Previous college teaching experience (including graduate level Teaching Assistantship).
- Interest in active and collaborative learning and the use of technology for online, hybrid, and converged teaching.
- Doctoral degree in Psychology or related discipline.
- Prior online teaching experience, including courses as listed above.
- Demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching and research.
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal background check.
Closing Date for Receipt of Applications
Review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
SUNY Canton, a unit of the State University of New York, is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. SUNY Canton is building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and strongly encourages applications from minority and women candidates.