Home > Human Resources > Job Opportunities > Faculty > Economics
Commensurate with credentials and experience
Description of Duties
The SUNY Canton Business Program seeks applicants for a tenure track Assistant Professor Faculty position in Economics (open area), with preference given to candidate who is able to teach a variety of economics courses. Other ranks considered.
- A 4/4 teaching load, which may use traditional face-to-face, online, hybrid, and converged modalities.
- Teaching assignments may include courses in Introductory Economics, Managerial Economics, Environmental Economics, Global Economy, Economics of Health Care, and additional courses in Economics.
- Ability to develop a vision for a long-term, sustainable, and innovative, interdisciplinary business program.
- Advising and mentoring students.
- Collaborative participation in course, curriculum, program development, and assessment.
- Participation in campus, university, and community service activities.
- Engagement in professional development and relevant scholarly activity.
Responsibilities include teaching undergraduate courses in microeconomics, macroeconomics, and possibly electives in environmental economics, international economics, and economics of health care beginning in August 2023.
- Minimally, ABD with expected graduation date, or if at Master’s level must have 5 years’ work experience in industry in addition to teaching experience (as below).
- Previous college teaching experience (including graduate level Teaching Assistantship).
- Interest in active and collaborative learning and the use of technology for online, hybrid, and converged teaching.
- Doctoral degree in Economics or related discipline.
- Prior online teaching experience, including courses as listed above.
- Demonstrated potential for excellence in teaching and research.
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal background check.
Closing Date for Receipt of Applications
Review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
SUNY Canton, a unit of the State University of New York, is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. SUNY Canton is building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and strongly encourages applications from minority and women candidates.