PROFESSIONAL & ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS
S.A.I.L. Engagement Coordinator - Staff Assistant - SL-2
Office of Student Activities, Involvement, & Leadership (S.A.I.L.)
Commensurate with credentials and experience
Description of Duties
SUNY Canton is seeking applicants for a professional staff position in the Student Activities, Involvement, & Leadership (S.A.I.L.) Office. This is a 12-month position reporting to the Director of Student Activities, Involvement, & Leadership. The S.A.I.L. Engagement Coordinator oversees specific programming areas within the department of the Office of Student Activities, Involvement, & Leadership (S.A.I.L.), which includes, but is not limited to student clubs and organizations, the Student Government Association (S.G.A.), the College Activities Board (C.A.B.), Greek Sororities, & Fraternities. The position will support the advisor(s) to the S.G.A., C.A.B, and the advisor to Greek Life - providing leadership, coordination, and facilitation of all related activities and programs.
Clubs and Organizations
- Directly supports all components of student club and organization programming to include registration, recognition, training, travel, and event planning, approval, and management
- Assists with fiscal oversight for clubs and organizations
- Supports and advances ongoing maintenance and development of RooLife a digital platform to keep track of their co-curricular experiences. From joining a club and organization to tracking volunteer service hours, RooLifeis the place to find and track everything that happens outside of the classroom
- As needed, serves in an advisory capacity for specific student clubs and organizations
Student Government Association (S.G.A.)
- Provide support to the primary advisor(s) to the Student Government Association (S.G.A.) and supports the S.G.A.’s continuing development.
- Provide operational assistance to the S.G.A. Executive Board
- Assist with providing ongoing training, guidance, and support to members of the S.G.A. Executive Branch, Legislative Branch, and Judicial Board, and various active committees
- Attend bi-weekly S.G.A. meetings (as needed)
College Activities Board (C.A.B.)
- Assist in the development, planning, coordination and implementation of event logistics prior to the beginning of a semester and throughout the entire Academic Year.
- This position will also ensure that all in-person events are adequately staffed, and the health and safety of all participants are a priority
- Ensure that all required permits, contracts, documentation are submitted & obtained in a timely manner; in accordance with the Office of Student Activities, Involvement, & Leadership Process Manual
- Provide advice and counsel as needed when attending C.A.B. executive and club meetings. Advice is given, as needed, to the C.A.B. Executive Board and C.A.B. members on policy, procedures, and administration
- Assist with managing facility by ensuring that cleanliness is maintained after club and organization events
- Must perform work within strict timeline to meet scheduled deadlines
Sorority & Fraternity Life
- Supports the campus fraternity and sorority life advisor, who provides advisement, direction, education, and training for all fraternity and sorority organizations and leaders
- Provides additional support for the growth and educational opportunities specific to the sorority and fraternity community
Conduct ongoing assessment/research
- Based on CAS standards, develops and identifies specific learning outcomes for each Student Affairs training and programming area of responsibility
- Provides the Director of Student Activities, Involvement, & Leadership – Greek Life Coordinator with monthly reports.
Bachelor’s Degree required. Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills are required. An individual should have a wide degree of creativity.
Three years professional work experience preferred. Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills. Experience with finance and budgeting processes. Professional experience with MS Office Programs.
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal background check.
Closing Date for Receipt of Applications
Review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
SUNY Canton, a unit of the State University of New York, is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. SUNY Canton is building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and strongly encourages applications from minority and women candidates.