Graduation Requirements - Associate Degree
- A student must be matriculated in a SUNY Canton curriculum for a minimum of 15 semester credit hours of graded course work earning a minimum GPA of 2.00 for all such credit hours taken. A minimum of 9 credits (of these 15 semester credit hours) must be taken in the major. Individual programs may have additional graduation requirements.
- The successful completion of the prescribed curriculum.
- The successful completion of a writing intensive course taught within the prescribed curriculum.
- The successful completion of SUNY Canton Computer Competency requirement. (See the Computer Competency Requirement section of this policy.)
- The earning of an overall GPA of 2.00 unless otherwise prescribed.
- Payment of all financial obligations to the College.
- Students matriculated in a baccalaureate program for a minimum of 15 semester credit hours of graded course work, earning a minimum GPA of 2.00 for all such credit hours taken, may be granted an associate degree in a related curriculum, without matriculation in that curriculum, upon completion of all associate degree requirements and application to the School Dean for the associate degree program.
Students failing to graduate due to failure, deficiency of grade point average, or credit hours may be granted the degree after successful completion of the work either at SUNY Canton or at another accredited college within seven years of departure. These hours must have the prior approval of the School Dean or Department Chairperson. Students may repeat, through transfer, a maximum of three courses with grade point averages from other colleges. All other courses transferred will be recorded as “TR” credit only.