1. Works with advisor to complete “Study Abroad Course Pre-Approval Form”
2. Brings completed and signed form to International Office
3. IO makes copy of Pre Approval form for student’s paper file, and scans to student’s electronic file.
4. Sends a copy to Registrar’s Office, Academic Dean’s Office and Student Accounts
5. Registrar places student in INTL 400 with the equivalent number of anticipated credits. (This is a temporary code until official grades from SA are received post -completion)
6. Host institution (other SUNY) sends official study abroad transcript to International Office after student completes study abroad
7. IO keeps a copy for student’s file (only an electronic file exists post-SA)
8. Sends the original to Registrar’s Office-Sends an e-copy to student
9. Registrar’s Office saves official transcript to file and inputs credits according to the Pre-Approval form with grades. Course info is uploaded so grades appear and count as residential credit would.
10. Student’s file will permanently include a supplemental transcript from study abroad. This will be sent with all future transcript requests.