Home > Policies > Procedures Manual > Administrative Affairs > Vehicle - LENS Applications

Vehicle - Lens Applications

Effective March 1, 2003, all State employees planning to drive a State vehicle must fill out a LENS (License Event Notification Service) application. You must have an approved LENS application prior to your travel. This applies to any State vehicle.

Every employee who anticipates operating a State vehicle should obtain a LENS application from the Cooper Service Complex. Also, there are a few offices on campus that have a small supply of forms. If an office near you does not have any, please call the Physical Plant Office, and one will be mailed to you. An application may also be found at:

LENS Drivers Clearance Application

Once the form is complete, it should be submitted to University Police for processing. Application processing may take up to two weeks. Upon approval, the University Police Chief will notify the employee and the Physical Plant of the employee’s eligibility to drive.