Athletics Board - Intercollegiate
The Intercollegiate Athletics Board is charged with monitoring, reviewing, and recommending policy for the Intercollegiate Athletics Program at SUNY Canton. The Board, responsible for providing reports to the President, will conduct appropriate reviews and engage in other activities that will enable it to advise the President on such matters as:
- Planning for intercollegiate athletics participation and conferences.
- Funding for intercollegiate athletics.
- Standards and policies for student participation in intercollegiate athletics.
- Other issues appropriate to its purview referred to it by the President.
- Faculty and administrators combined will comprise the majority of the voting membership of the Board.
- To ensure adequate student representation, no less than one-third of the voting membership of the Board will be students including at least one male and one female member from the campus intercollegiate athletic teams.
- Student members will be enrolled full-time in a degree program and be in good academic standing.
- The alumni members will be holders of a degree from SUNY Canton.
- The Director of Athletics will serve in an ex officio capacity.
- To ensure ample continuity when new members are appointed, the initial appointees to the Board will be assigned staggered termination dates by the President.
Funding of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Preparation of Budget
- The Board will formulate the annual intercollegiate athletics budget and recommend it to the President for approval.
- The annual budget will include all available and expected funds for intercollegiate athletics from any and all sources and will set forth total expected expenditures for intercollegiate athletics.
- Budgets are expected to be based on the preceding year’s final budget with increases or decreases of not more than ten percent dependent upon changes in enrollment, fees, inflation, and changes in the intercollegiate athletics program.
- In the event that actual allocations and receipts from any and all budget sources fall short of or exceed such budgeted amount, the Board will revise its budget accordingly and recommend the revised budget to the President for approval.
- Disbursement of Funds
- All funds identified by the Board for support of the Intercollegiate Athletics Program will be deposited into an Income Fund Reimbursable (IFR) account and administered in accordance with fiscal and accounting procedures for such accounts and with the Allocation and Purchasing sections of this manual.
- Total expenditures from the account will be in conformance with the approved budget.
- All intercollegiate athletics’ accounts are subject to SUNY audit procedures.
- Board Operations
The Intercollegiate Athletics Board will adopt its own by-laws, subject to approval by the President.