SUNY Canton's Values Statement/Distinctive Identity
- A Student-Centered Philosophy… by keeping students’ best interests at the center of everything that we do.
- Excellence… by challenging everyone to perform at a consistently high level through continuous quality improvement.
- Integrity… by treating others with honesty and respect during every interaction.
- Success… by creating an environment that encourages maximum personal and professional growth and helps students translate that growth into meaningful action.
- Diversity… by fostering a culture of inclusiveness that values individual differences, gives voice to all in the campus community, promotes the free exchange of ideas based on merit, and encourages a global perspective.
- Access… by offering affordable career-oriented public higher education to motivated, mature and disciplined students through innovative delivery methods.
- Sustainability… by implementing viable long-term options for resource usage, disaster management, transportation, and waste management in connection with all campus activities and weaving sustainability concepts throughout the curriculum.
- Flexibility… by embracing change to better address the needs of the college community and society at large.
SUNY Canton’s Diversities and Inclusion Vision and Mission Statements:
Vision:: SUNY Canton aspires to educate the leaders of tomorrow for careers in the global technological economy, while promoting inclusivity with our students, faculty, staff and the community at-large.
Mission: In keeping with our vision and values relative to diversity, SUNY Canton will develop initiatives to build a campus culture of inclusiveness.