Questions on Employment

What employment opportunities do you have available for clerical, maintenance, professional, or teaching positions?

All positions are posted via the Human Resources web site.

I received a canvass letter; will I get an interview?

A canvass letter is merely an announcement that a vacancy exists in the title for which an individual was tested. A person must be reachable (e.g.: one of the top three scores) to be eligible for an interview. View Summary of NYS Civil Service Law.

Where am I on the Civil Service list?

Human Resources can inform candidates of their relative position on the eligible list for the position in which they were canvassed. Please view the New York State Department of Civil Service Eligible List Management System (ELMS).

Can I apply for a Civil Service vacancy?

You can apply if you have taken a civil service exam and receive a canvass letter for that specific vacancy.  Otherwise, you can apply if you are a permanent employee at the College and meet the posted qualifications for the position by submitting a cover letter and resume or the application for promotion or reassignment form. Employees from other State agencies who are interested and eligible to transfer to a posted vacancy should forward a resume and cover letter to Human Resource Services, French Hall 200.

How do I know which Civil Service Exams are being given and when?

Visit the Civil Service website for information on up-coming exams.

Who is responsible for employment reference checking and education verification?

The hiring department is responsible for verifying degree completion and employment references. All information must be verified prior to the offer of employment. You will also be required to provide original transcripts upon offer of employment.

Contact Information

Human Resources Office
Address: 34 Cornell Drive Canton, NY 13617
Campus Location: French Hall
Phone: (315) 386-7325
Fax: (315) 315-386-7064

Office Hours:
Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 4:30 pm