Home > Human Resources > Job Opportunities > Professional > Programmer Analyst
PROFESSIONAL & ADMINISTRATIVE POSITIONS
$45,000 - $50,000
Description of Duties
The Department of Information Services at the State University of New York at Canton invites applications for two positions of Programmer Analyst.
The successful candidates will work closely with functional area end users to support the College's IT software applications through implementation, enhancement, integration, and reporting activities. Duties will include research and analysis, as well as support for and implementation of Banner-centric software solutions.
- Salary range for SL-2 position is $45,000-50,000.
- These positions are 12-month, full time positions.
- These positions are a grade SL-2 Programmer Analyst. Other grades may be considered commensurate with experience.
- These positions offer full New York State benefits which are among the most comprehensive in the country.
- 4-year degree in programming or a related field. OR 2-year degree in programming or related field with 2-years professional experience in the field.
- Actual programming experience at the level of an internship or equivalent.
- Object Oriented Programming concepts as evidenced by experience in Java, C#, or other OOP language.
- Strong knowledge of SQL.
- Comfortable with Linux/Unix environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Willingness to learn and keep pace with modern technology.
- Proactive attitude and ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
In addition to the aforementioned minimum qualifications, it is preferred the candidates also have:
- Programming/analysis experience in SQL; PL/SQL preferred.
- OOP experience; such as Java.
- Experience with PL/SQL Developer, IntelliJ, Visual Studio, or a compatible IDE.
- Version control such as Git or SubVersion.
- Banner experience.
Prior to a final offer of employment, the selected candidate will be required to submit to a background check including, but not limited to, employment verification, educational and other credential verification, and criminal background check.
Closing Date for Receipt of Applications
Review begins immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
SUNY Canton, a unit of the State University of New York, is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer. SUNY Canton is building a culturally diverse and pluralistic faculty and strongly encourages applications from minority and women candidates.