Off-Term Teaching Limits
Summer Course Instruction Limit
- Faculty can teach: • Up to three (3) courses in Session I OR
- Up to three (3) courses in Session II and up to three (3) courses in Session III
- Faculty are not permitted to teach more than six (6) courses during summer term.
- Faculty are not permitted to teach more than three (3) courses that run simultaneously. In other words, faculty cannot have more than three (3) courses going at the same time.
Winterterm Course Instruction Limit
- Faculty can teach:
- Up to seven (7) credit hours or two (2) courses. It is the Dean’s discretion for anything above that.
- During obligation, faculty cannot do extra service that goes above 20% of faculty base pay. Winterterm is during obligation.
Exceptions: Deans have the right to make an exception to the above limits to account for multiple sections of the same course (single prep/multiple sections) or where the other off-term courses on a faculty member’s schedule are substantially under-enrolled.