Storehouse and Receiving
The Central Storehouse and Central Receiving Department is responsible for stocking and distributing general office, classroom, and maintenance supplies. A complete catalog and price listing can be obtained from the Central Storehouse, or online.
All goods and merchandise ordered of an official nature are received, checked, and distributed from this area also. (Hours of operation are 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday)
Storehouse Ordering Guidelines
- Ordered by School or department secretaries, maintenance personnel, technical assistants, and Department Chairpersons.
- Funds are allocated under administrative guidelines (see Allocations section in this policy). Orders submitted after funds are exhausted cannot be honored.
- Catalogs, C1’s, and ordering forms are available at School or department offices, Central Storehouse, and on the campus website.
- Items may be picked up at the Central Storehouse during normal hours of operation.
- Items may be ordered via campus mail (allow two working days for processing and delivery).
- A perpetual inventory system is utilized for control and ordering. Ordering is based on standard usage. If a large, non-routine amount of any item is required, notify Central Storehouse as quickly as possible to avoid outages. An allowance of thirty days is needed to replenish stock.
- Central Storehouse delivers supplies ordered to location specified on C1, Visa purchase or purchase order. It does not have adequate staff for moving boxes and packages between floors and buildings. We do try to accommodate other locations, but it must be at the convenience of Central Storehouse and with sufficient notice. (usually 24 hours)
- Maintains a file of each purchase order processed by the Purchasing Department.
- Receives shipments from UPS, U.S. Postal Service, FedEx, and other common carriers.
- Opens and inspects such goods and materials received as to verify condition, quantity, and quality.
- Delivers received merchandise to area or persons specified on the receiving documents.
- Verifies receipt of merchandise.
- Affixes inventory tag to pieces of equipment received (valued at greater than $250.00) and maintains a listing of all equipment on campus by location, purchase order, year and date purchased, cost and account number (department charged).
- Materials received by Central Receiving staff, that require a signature, must also be signed for by the recipient at delivery point.