Admission to EOP is based on two criteria: academic and financial eligibility. To determine if you are eligible for admission to EOP, you must:
- Possess a high school diploma or a General Equivalency Diploma (GED)
- Be a New York state resident for 12 months prior to enrollment
- Be non-admissible under regular admission criteria, but demonstrate potential for successful completion of a college program
- Be in need of financial assistance with the established guidelines
- Apply using the SUNY or Common Application (link to Apply Now). Indicate your interest in EOP on the Admissions Application. If you did not indicate your interest in EOP on the application but decide later that you might want EOP, contact our Admissions Office.
- Complete the SUNY EOP Financial Eligibility Review with required documentation.
Space in EOP is limited. We encourage you to submit your documentation as soon as possible.
EOP Transfer Eligibility
To be eligible to transfer to EOP at SUNY Canton, you must submit the EOP Transfer Verification form. Interested students can submit an application through the Common or SUNY Application. Please note:
- If you currently attend a college that doesn't offer EOP or a similar program (SEEK, Discover, HEOP, etc.), you may still be eligible for EOP at SUNY Canton.
- If you currently attend a college that does offer EOP or a similar program (SEEK, Discover, HEOP, etc.) and did not participate, you will not be eligible for EOP at SUNY Canton.
Foster Youth College Success Initiative
EOP at SUNY Canton is a partner of the Foster Youth College Success Initiative (FYCSI). Academic support as well as additional funding to assist with succeeding in college is provided to students interested in this program. Foster youth interested in utilizing the resources provided by the FYCSI can gain assistance in purchasing text books and/or paying their college bill by reducing or cancelling loans. Admitted foster youth are encouraged to sign up for break housing. Foster youth will be able to stay on campus for major breaks (summer break is not included) provided they are in good standing.
SUNY Canton EOP
34 Cornell Drive
Miller Campus Center 234
Canton, NY 13617-1037