Handshake (Job Posting Service)
Handshake, is the official online recruiting center of Career Services.
Paychecks and Distribution
Payday is every other Thursday. NYS employees are paid on a two-week lag basis: a two-week delay between the time the work is performed and when the salary for that work is received. New employees must wait approximately four weeks to receive their first paycheck.
Paychecks are distributed in three different ways: a) available for pick-up in the Student Services Center, b) by direct deposit to an employee's bank or credit union. Forms are available in the Payroll Office, and c) by the department or supervisor. Employees who are unavailable to pick-up checks should make arrangements with the payroll office.
Student Employment Forms
To hire a student for either Student Assistantship, Work Study, or Foundation Assistantship these forms need to be completed prior to beginning work.
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Student Employment Form
- Student Employment Form - Foundation
- Federal :: W-4
- State :: IT-2104
- State :: IT-2104 Exempt
- Login to the Portal
- Time and Attendance – complete your time record
- View Paycheck – view your paycheck the Monday before pay day
- NYS Payroll Online
- View and print your pay statement
- Opt out of receiving a paper pay statement
- View and print current and prior year W-2s
- Change your tax withholdings
- View your direct deposit account information
Student Payroll Schedule
- Student Payroll Schedule
- Student On-line Time and Attendance | Instructions
- Expenditure Tracking Sheet
Employees may have their paychecks deposited directly into their bank or credit union if it participates in the NYS Direct Deposit Program. Direct deposit forms are also available in the Payroll Office.
- A brief description of NYS form W-2 (Wage & Tax Statement)
- For W-2 reprints, please contact our office.